- Over 100 “Housing First” supportive housing units created to house formerly chronically homeless individuals.
- 280 households (including more than 310 children) have been helped through the flexible homelessness prevention fund.
- Created LEADers, a group of people who are homeless or formerly homeless, who raise awareness and decrease stigma surrounding homelessness through community organizing, public speaking and holding leadership positions in the community.
- Assisted in organizing a community response to the closing of Shepherd Home, a transitional living facility in Middletown.
- Advocated for the preservation of over 300 affordable apartments that were scheduled to revert to market rate.
Learn more. Download the Fact Sheet.
SUPPORting OUR MISSION
Please consider a donation to the Homelessness Prevention Fund to help us keep more of our neighbors from losing their housing. Learn more about the Prevention Committee and how the fund has helped so far.
Many thanks to our funders: Middlesex United Way, Community Foundation of Middlesex County, Liberty Bank Foundation, Fund for Greater Hartford, American Savings Foundation, TD Bank Charitable Foundation, and many individual donors.